[ovs-discuss] Create a GRE interface

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Mon May 3 20:36:31 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Lee, Jeongkeun <jklee at hp.com> wrote:

> One bug I found is
>
> calling this command below when another port(s) already exists in br0
> crashes the system.
>
> > sudo utilities/ovs-vsctl add bridge br0 ports …

I can't reproduce this, or maybe I don't understand what the issue is.  You
create a bridge, add a port such as a physical Ethernet interface, add a GRE
port, and it crashes?  Can you post your commands?  Also, can you get a
stack trace?

> When the gre0 interface has no remote_ip option, ‘ovs-vsctl add bridge br0
> ports ..’ does not cause a crash but just complains that remote_ip is not
> given, even if br0 has another ports.

This isn't too surprising since if you don't give a remote_ip it will bail
out pretty quickly before doing anything.