[ovs-discuss] Installed open vswitch in XenServer 5.5

Axle Judd aix4200 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:30:29 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have installed open-vswitch in XenServer 5.5 but during server reboot i am
losing all my changes.

1.)I have 6 network card on a HP server, when i run  ovs-vsctl list-br , i
see :

xenbr1
xenbr0
xenbr3
xenbr2
xenbr4
xenbr5

2.) I deleted xenbr1, xenbr2, xenbr3,xenbr4,xenbr5 and created a new bridge
called "br0", NIC1, NIC2, NIC3,NIC4,NIC5 are trunked VLAN ports. I want to
create a network for Guest VM's - VM's will be using different VLAN -
50,60,70,80, and VLAN 90.

Two issues :

1.)I am able to create a new bridge but don't know how can i see this
network in XenCenter so i can use it for VLAN to assign ip address.

2.) I am half way done when i reboot i lost all my changes and see xenbr1,
xenbr2,xenbr3, xenbr4 and xenbr5 instead of br0 ????

please help.