[ovs-discuss] Installed open vswitch in XenServer 5.5

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri May 14 02:51:28 UTC 2010

Moving back on list.  Also, please do not top post.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Axle Judd <aix4200 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jesse,
>
> shouldn't i need to delete the bridges -xenbr1-xenbr5 because i want to use
> NIC aggregation with br0 as a single bridge associated with NICS
> -eth1,eth2,eth3,eth4,eth5.
>
> What i want to accomplish use this single bridge with 6 aggregated NICS
> (each single NIC is VLAN trunked ) to use it for VM network.What i am
> guessing open vswitch will allow me to create VM's with different VLAN to
> pass the traffic using this bridge (br0).
>
> Isn't there something i need to customize in qemu-ifup scripts on XenServer
> 5.5. ?

There's nothing that you need to customize in order to do either link
aggregation or VLANs.  Both of these operations can be setup using the
normal Xen tools (including XenCenter).  When you configure Xen it will
automatically set up Open vSwitch as appropriate to do the actual work.

> thanks,
>
> Axle
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Axle Judd  wrote:
>>
>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have installed open-vswitch in XenServer 5.5 but during server reboot i
>>> am losing all my changes.
>>>
>>> 1.)I have 6 network card on a HP server, when i run  ovs-vsctl list-br ,
>>> i see :
>>>
>>> xenbr1
>>> xenbr0
>>> xenbr3