[ovs-discuss] How to install openvswitch on Ubuntu v 10.0.4

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri May 21 01:56:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Sergio Valdovinos <petacalco2 at yahoo.com.mx
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I new on linux and I am very interested on install openvswitch. Could
> anyone give me a guide to install step by step openvswitch on ubuntu? I want
> to use with xen.

There are step-by-step instructions for running in Linux in the
INSTALL.Linux file.  If you are looking to run Xen you may find it easiest
to use XenServer, which is the variant of Xen that Open vSwitch has the best
support for.  You can also download Xen Cloud Platform, which includes OVS
as the default switch.