[ovs-discuss] How to set trunk on open vswitch?

신용진 akayong at gmail.com
Thu May 27 01:58:32 UTC 2010

Hmm,

At first, I do not set any values both of "tag", and "trunks"
But servers and VMs cannot communicate each other.
So, I searched about "trunk" on openvswitch, and I set the value on them.

Let's suppose that I put an IP on VLAN as 10.10.10.101 at SV1(Server1).
When I ping to 10.10.10.101 from other server(SV2) (those two servers(SV1, SV2) are connected to same physical server)
Then, the SV1 replies for pinging 10.10.10.101.

However, the VLAN(10.10.10.101) can not going out anywhere.
When I ping, or traceroute through that VLAN, it doesn't works.

I can see the RX bytes and TX bytes with "ifconfig".
TX bytes seems OK, but RX bytes is always 0.

Why this kind of problem happens?
Is it problem of my server? I think it's not.

Is there any way to control the trunk port?

Thanks in advance.