[ovs-discuss] How to set trunk on open vswitch?

신용진 akayong at gmail.com
Thu May 27 03:41:23 UTC 2010

Hmm, I’m not clear.

Do you mean, I should not add tag filed on physical interface?

Then how can I set tagged interface?

In my setting,

I made a bridge xenbr2.100 and its interface is eth2.100 (used by vlan 8021q)

For this, I did not set tag field, and I set 100 for trunks field (both of xenbr2.100 and eth2.100)

And I made another bridge vm_br and its interface is eth1.

For this, I did not set trunks field, and I set 200 for tag field. (both of vm_br and eth1)

Do you mean set the tag field on vm_br only? Not eth1?

I want to make many tag. About 4 or 5.

Then, should I make bridge such as br0,br1,br2,br3

And add interface eth1 all bridges, and set the tag field or trunk field differently?

I mean.

             Bridge     |     Interface   |  Tag or Trunk

               br0               eth1               100

               br1               eth1               200

               br2               eth1               300

               br3               eth1               400

like this?

Thanks in Advance!!