[ovs-discuss] How to make multiple VLANs on one NIC?

신용진 akayong at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:45:26 UTC 2010

After I solved trunking problem, I encountered another problem. (sorry for
asking too many questions)

For vlan networking,

Firstly, I made a real bridge as xenbr2.

Then, I made a fake bridge as xenbr2.100 with tagging 100.

And I attached eth2 to xenbr2.100 with tagging 100.

And I did same thing to another server

Then, both server can communicate each other with tagging information.

However, I want to make another vlan, such as 200, 300 and so on.

So I made another fake bridge as xenbr2.200 with tagging 200

And I tried attach eth2 to xenbr2.200 with tagging 200.

With “ovs-vsctl add-port xenbr2.200 eth2 tag=200”

But it says,

ovs-vsctl: cannot create a port named eth2 because a port named eth2
already exists on bridge xenbr2.100

So, I want to set tag field to eth2 as 100,200. (because trunks field can
have multiple values)

With “ovs-vsctl set port eth2 tag=100,200”

But it says,

ovs-vsctl: 100,200: 2 value(s) specified but the maximum number is 1

how can I set multiple VLANs on one NIC?

Thanks in advance!