[ovs-discuss] Could change default VLAN ID of bridge?

Jen-Wei Hu jenweihu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 09:13:52 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Currently, we start to install the OVS and do some test on it. The system is
work well but i have three interesting questions below.

1. If we want to change the default VLAN ID (VLAN 0) on br0, is it possible?
That is, could we tag VLAN 1 on br0?
2. Could we tag multiple VLAN ID on br0?
3. When trying VLAN function in OVS, we use "ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap0".
This VM could work well and ping default gateway(br0) successfully. But we
use "ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tap0 tag=0" to replace preview command. The VM
could not get the same result. Is this command could not use like we
describe?

Thanks
Best regards,

Jen-Wei