[ovs-discuss] Could manage OpenvSwitches on multiple hosts centrally?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Nov 9 08:13:22 UTC 2010

I don't know of any freely available tools that will configure ovsdb-server centrally, such as NOX provides for OpenFlow.  However, you can configure ovsdb-server to listen on a socket with the "ptcp:" or "pssl:" options.  Then, you could then centrally issue ovs-vsctl commands to the OVS instances with the "tcp:" or "ssl:" options.

--Justin