[ovs-discuss] Xen Live Migration + Open vSwitch

Henrique Rodrigues henriquesilvar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 07:02:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Henrique Rodrigues
> <henriquesilvar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Correction: I haven't being able to create a new virtual machine when
> using
> > Open vSwitch.
>
> Well, the usual questions are: what did you do, what happened, and
> what did you expect
> to happen instead?  Perhaps we can help; this should work.

Actually, I tried that some weeks ago. My setup was composed by a xen 3.4.2
compiled from source and a patched 2.34.1 kernel (gentoo-xen-kernel patches)
as dom0. The Open vSwitch version was 1.1.0pre1. I tried to create more
virtual machines after loading the open vswitch module but it didn't work.
At that time, I thought the reason was because OVS 1.1.0pre1 was a
development release and I haven't tried to find answers for that. I'll try
again and if it doesn't work, I'll send another email with more details.

Nevertheless, I'm just looking for a setup in which I can use the OVS
features and also be able to migrate virtual machines.

Thank you!

--
Henrique Rodrigues