[ovs-discuss] openvswitch (Ubuntu) bug

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu Nov 25 05:02:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Dave Walker <DaveWalker at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Ooo, well caught.  I can confirm this fixes the issue on both Ubuntu Natty
> (11.04), and the current Debian Sid package (1.1.0~pre2-5) does still build.
>  I'm not sure it warrants another upload to Ubuntu for the same net effect,
> but if this change lands in Debian; i'll be sure to sync it across (dropping
> my subpar fix).

Thanks for verifying the fix.  I will push it to the openvswitch Git tree on
Monday when I'm back in the office.

> I also wanted to add that the recent s/any/linux-any/ change [0] is
> currently incompatible with Ubuntu build process due to a bug our side [:(],
> which causes no binary packages to be built; therefore I reverted this
> change [1] in our package.  Short term, I think this needs to be a
> maintained delta between Ubuntu and Debian - until the bug with the build
> system is resolved.

OK.

> I also wanted to raise that we are currently working on adding an additional
> binary package, which includes dkms support for the kernel module.  Would it
> be possible to submit this for inclusion in your upstream packaging, once it
> is tested?

I do not have any experience with DKMS, but after reading up on it for a few
minutes it sounds like it would be good to support.  It is likely that we would
accept such a contribution.

Thanks,

Ben.