[ovs-discuss] [Solved][Bug] flow deletion before transmission end - transmission stalled

Christian Fischer christian.fischer at easterngraphics.com
Tue Nov 30 08:18:43 UTC 2010

On Saturday 27 November 2010 23:52:20 Ben Pfaff wrote:
> I'm glad that you were to avoid to solve the problem.
>
> Was the problem and solution anything worth documenting so that we could
> help others to avoid this problem in the future?

Hi Ben,

the problem was self made.
Having the same mtu for physical interfaces like the virtual interface mtu
(ovs, both 1500) isn't a good idea if one likes to use VLANs. 1518 is a
reasonable value.

Well, both, mtu_setting() from InterfaceReconfigure.py and ovs-vsctl add port,
have configured 1500 bytes, but I haven't verified the settings, and therefore
it was my fault.

Christian