[ovs-discuss] Help Connecting Switch to VMs

Derek Cormier derek.cormier at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Oct 5 05:57:06 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am trying to set up an Open vSwitch configuration where OVS is
installed on a virtual machine and other virtual machines connect to it.
I am using Virtual Box. Because I have only begun to study networking,
this is naturally difficult for me. After reading the documentation, I
still cannot figure out how to connect a port from the virtual switch to
a port on another virtual machine. The switch vm has a host-only network
to my machine and the other vm's are connected to the switch via an
internal network (http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html has a
description of these network types).

I would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice without, if
possible, the assumption I know a lot about networking.

Thank you,
Derek