[ovs-discuss] Help Connecting Switch to VMs

Yogesh Mundada yogesh.mundada at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:28:31 UTC 2010

> 	insmod datapath/linux-2.6/brcompat_mod.ko
>
> ... I get the following error.
>
>                insmod: error inserting 'datapath/linux-2.6/brcompat_mod.ko':
> -1 Unknown symbol in module

Try 'dmesg | tail -n 20' to see what is the unknown symbol. I suspect
that you have compiled the module for a different kernel version than
the one currently running inside the VM.

I tried similar setup with VirtualBox but I faced some other problems
that are summarized here:
(http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25857&start=0).

I found Vmware much easier to configure. Also with their "Virtual
network editor", you can possibly create internal networks more than
8.

-Yogesh