[ovs-discuss] Help Connecting Switch to VMs

Richard Mortier mort at cantab.net
Wed Oct 6 17:35:41 UTC 2010

hi derek;

On 6 October 2010 09:23, Derek Cormier <derek.cormier at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> I tried installing the Linux bridging support, but when I enter the
> following command,
>
> 	insmod datapath/linux-2.6/brcompat_mod.ko
>
> ... I get the following error.
>
>                insmod: error inserting 'datapath/linux-2.6/brcompat_mod.ko':
> -1 Unknown symbol in module

sorry if this is a naive/silly suggestion, but have you checked that
the openvswitch_mod.ko module is loaded?  i believe brcompat_mod.ko
depends on it.  no doubt someone more knowledgable about openvswitch
will correct me if i'm wrong :)

("lsmod | grep openvswitch" should show you.)

cheers,
--
Richard Mortier
mort at cantab.net