[ovs-discuss] help installing Open vSwitch

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 22:00:44 UTC 2010

None of the lists mentioned at [1] seem appropriate for asking beginner
questions. I'm posting here because it seems closest.

I'm trying to install Open vSwitch for the first time. It appears
that datapath/linux-2.6/openvswitch_mod.ko never gets built for me, although
I do not see any error messages in make's output. I did use the --with-l26
option to configure. The instructions also say that bridging support
(CONFIG_BRIDGE) is required to build a kernel module. Perhaps this is my
error, but I don't know how to check if I have this. Can someone please
point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

[1] http://openvswitch.org/?page_id=17