[ovs-discuss] [Open vSwitch 1.1.0-pre1] ovs-vsctl hangs with ovs-vsctl set-controller <bridge> tcp:<ip>

Vishal Swarankar vishal.swarnkar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 03:37:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have tried this multiple time with Open vSwitch 1.1.0-pre1 (Sep 01/10
release).

Steps to repro:

1) follow INSTALL.LINUX steps to install vswitch ( ovsdb-server,
ovs-vswitchd is running and bridge is installed using ovs-vsctl ).

2) Run ovs-controller on the same machine
    sudo ovs-controller -v --with-flows /home/vishal/newVMs/flow-rules
--log-file controller.log ptcp:

3) Run ovs-vsctl to setup Of controller for vswitch
    sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller <bridge> tcp:<ip>

This command never returns back and when I do ps -eaf | grep vswitchd, I
dont find vswitchd running.

**This hang/crash is independent of Step 2).
*The problem does not repro with previous Open vSwitch versions.*

thanks
Vishal