[ovs-discuss] ovs config reset after reboot Xen Server 5.6.0

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Sep 8 16:33:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 04:41:47PM +0800, 楊皓中(Mulder Yang) wrote:
> Every time my ovs config will be reset after I reboot my XenServer.
>
> Is that my installation was incorrect? Or because I didn’t run some
> commands ?

XenServer assumes the design of the Linux bridge.  When XenServer boots,
it expects that the system has no bridges, and then it creates all of
them as part of its boot process.  So OVS allows it to do this, by
deleting all of the bridges early in the boot process before it starts
the switch.

If you want to preserve configuration across boots, you should write an
init script that sets up that configuration at boot time (and possibly
saves it at shutdown time).