[ovs-discuss] Another ovs-vsctl Question

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Mon Sep 13 22:03:13 UTC 2010

Sorry to be posting so many of these really simple questions to the list, but the ovsdb stuff is a little difficult to figure out how to use, and I'm struggling with even the simplest of tasks.  So, a couple of questions:

1) What's the best way to go about creating a port mirror using ovs-vsctl with ovsdb?
2) Is there any updated documentation, or plans to update documentation, with examples or further information on how to accomplish these tasks?  Back in the pre-OVSDB days, the ovs-vsctl and ovs-vswitchd.conf man pages had pretty thorough information on tasks like sFlow/NetFlow configuration, Virtual/Internal ports, and port mirroring.  Apparently those examples have not yet been ported over to OVSDB commands.  I'm happy to help by adding these things to man pages, I just need to figure out how to do them, myself.

Thanks!
-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.