[ovs-discuss] using OVS as distributed switch

benco benco at acid.sk
Tue Sep 21 12:30:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm wondering how to use OVS in distributed setup. I have a couple of Xen
hypervisors and want to migrate VMs between them - of course together with
network settings, VLAN IDs, etc. My first idea is to use one ovsdb-server
and connect ovs-vswitchd instances running on each hypervisor to it. Is this
kind of setup supported by current version of OVS? I't not very clear from
existing documentation.

Thanks,

Roman

--