[ovs-discuss] Still some question for a beginner on working VBox with Open vSwitch

Hugo hugolin615 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 20:15:00 UTC 2011

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am wondering
1. if the statically assigning the IP address, can this IP address be an
internal IP address (such as any 192.168.1.100) or a external IP address
that should be requested from ISP?
2. if DHCP the ip address, does Open vSwitch will be performed as the DHCP
server? Or the same DHCP server used by the HOST machine is used within the
VM.

Thanks a lot.

Hugo