[ovs-discuss] New to Open vSwitch, want to try it with Xen

Jason Long jlong at jasonlong.com
Fri Apr 1 21:27:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

I want to try out open vswitch with xen. I followed the instructions in
INSTALL.Linux. Everything went good. The module is loaded, ovsdb-server
is running, ovs-switchd is running, and I setup a bridge named br0 to
include physical port eth1.

Now what is the best way to make xen use open vswitch?? It runs network
scripts when xend starts that invoke brctl to setup a bridge and create
virtual interfaces.

Do I have to edit the scripts to use ovs-vsctl? Or can I bypass the xen
scripts and map interfaces manually?

Any pointers or links would be helpful. Thanks!

Jason