[ovs-discuss] newbie question about openvswitch_ioctl() function

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Thu Apr 7 06:03:41 UTC 2011

The userspace (ovs-vswitchd) uses ioctls to communicate with the kernel module (openvswitch_mod.ko) to have it do things like add and remove flows.  That's the function that handles the ioctl requests.

The code in repository no longer uses ioctls, but instead uses netlink.  We're planning to release version 1.1.0 of Open vSwitch tomorrow, which will use that new mechanism.

--Justin