[ovs-discuss] Running userspace as nonroot

Aaron Rosen arosen at clemson.edu
Fri Apr 8 18:51:26 UTC 2011

Yes sorry that was the problem. I do have another question though: When I
run the follow commands I get this error:

ovsdb-tool create /home/arosen/usr/local/etc/openvswitch/conf.db
vswitchd/vswitch.ovsschema

ovsdb-server /home/arosen/usr/local/etc/openvswitch/conf.db
--remote=punix:/home/arosen/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
--remote=db:Open_vSwitch,manager_options --pidfile --detach

ovs-vsctl --no-wait --db /home/arosen/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
init

*Apr 08
18:48:04|00002|reconnect|WARN|/home/arosen/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock:
connection attempt failed (Address family not supported by protocol)*

Any idea where I went wrong?

Also the INSTALL.Linux file seems to be out of date because ovsdb-server no
longer has the pki configuration.

Thanks,

Aaron