[ovs-discuss] vLANS is not working on Gentoo x86_64

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Apr 8 21:43:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 6:49 AM, benzwt benzwt <benzwt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the problem is not on the network driver. Because I'm testing
> the VLAN using homogenous environment.
> the driver for the nics are e1000e.

I looked quickly at the e1000e driver.  There is a bug in the driver
that affects the way that vlans are handled in Open vSwitch.  Open
vSwitch behaves differently on 2.6.35 compared to 2.6.38, which
explains the differences you are seeing.  The solution is to fix the
driver as it prevents tags from being inserted properly.