[ovs-discuss] can I create more than one configuration database in one system?

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Tue Apr 26 04:22:06 UTC 2011

[Bringing this back to the list...]

The switches do not speak OpenFlow or the JSON-RPC management protocol to each other.  They typically connect to a centralized server, which manages all the switches in a deployment.  You can read about OpenFlow at openflow.org, or just see a high-level presentation here:

	http://www.openflow.org/documents/OpenFlow.ppt

The management protocol works similarly, but is exchanging switch-level configuration instead of flow-level.

--Justin