[ovs-discuss] Filtered Mirroring

monami sinha monamisinha at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:31:20 UTC 2011

Hi,
  I am running ovs-vswitchd and I have setup a bridge where both rx and tx traffic on one port (say vif0) is being mirrored to an output port (say vif4). This configuration was done using ovs-vsctl. This mirrors all rx and tx packets on vif4. However, I am interested in not mirroring all traffic on port vif0 but only traffic which matches some filter criteria (arbitrary combination of L2 and L3 headers). I want to filter only the mirrored traffic. The normal traffic to/from vif0 shouldnt be affected.

  Is this possible using ovs-ofctl? Any help/pointers on this question will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Monami