[ovs-discuss] open vswitch configuration

ahmad numan numan252 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:55:32 UTC 2011

Hello
I am experimenting with OVS but having unexpected results. I interconnect
two Laptops having *eth0* and *wlan0* interfaces using a wireless router.
Each interfacing is pinging the other. Now i configured the OVS according to
"INSTALL.Linux" and tutorial for setting VLAN in OVS documentation. On one
laptop i *added two interfaces to bridge0* and other laptop *one interface
is added to bridge0 and other interface is added to bridge1*. The interface
added to bridge1 should not ping the interfaces of other laptop interfaced
that are added to bridge0. But they are pinging. please help me out where i
am wrong.

*Configuration*
-------------------
 ovsdb-tool create /usr/local/etc/ovs-vswitchd.conf.db
vswitchd/vswitch.ovsschema

 ovsdb-server /usr/local/etc/ovs-vswitchd.conf.db
--remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
--remote=db:Open_vSwitch,managers --private-key=db:SSL,private_key
--certificate=db:SSL,certificate --bootstrap-ca-cert=db:SSL,ca_cert --detach

 ovs-vsctl --no-wait init

 ovs-vswitchd unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock --detach

ovs-vsctl add-br bridge0

ovs-vsctl add-port bridge0 eth1

similarly i added bridges and ports to bridges.
*
Note*
------
I don't use virtual machines