[ovs-discuss] open vswitch configuration

ahmad numan numan252 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 05:36:55 UTC 2011

[image: myimage.JPG]

Above is the topology of my network. I configured the Laptop A with Bridge0
and add two physical interfaces to it. On Laptop B it added two interfaces
to separate bridges. Interface at Bridge1 should not ping the interfaces at
Bridge0 but it is pinging. My configuration is as follows
*Configuration*
-------------------
After installing the open vswitch

 ovsdb-tool create /usr/local/etc/ovs-vswitchd.conf.db
vswitchd/vswitch.ovsschema

 ovsdb-server /usr/local/etc/ovs-vswitchd.conf.db
--remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
--remote=db:Open_vSwitch,managers --private-key=db:SSL,private_key
--certificate=db:SSL,certificate --bootstrap-ca-cert=db:SSL,ca_cert --detach

 ovs-vsctl --no-wait init

 ovs-vswitchd unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock --detach

ovs-vsctl add-br bridge0

ovs-vsctl add-port bridge0 eth1

similarly i added bridges and ports to bridges.
*
Note*
------
I don't use virtual machines

I think there is something missing in configuration. Please help me
thanks

Ahmed Bilal