[ovs-discuss] Help adding SCTP support to OVS

Aaron Rosen arosen at clemson.edu
Tue Aug 2 21:43:27 UTC 2011

Hello,

I would like to add SCTP support to OVS but I'm running into a couple
difficulties.

After making my chances for sctp when I go to load openvswitch_mod.ko
I get the following message from dmesg:
 openvswitch_mod: Unknown symbol sctp_statistics (err 0)

SCTP has near the same packet header as TCP and UDP as the first 4
bytes of the header contain the source/dest ports.  One of the major
differences though is that SCTP has a 4byte checksum vs UDP/TCP's 2. I
see in datapath/action.c you handle UDP/TCP the same here. I've added
some code here which checks OVS_CB(skb)->flow->key.ip.proto to check
for the protocol type and then perform the checksum correctly for each
type.

In lib/dpif-netdev.c, dp_netdev_set_addr() I'm not exactly sure how to
update the checksum here.

I'm sure I have several other changes I need to make.

I've attached my chances so far.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

--
Aaron O. Rosen