[ovs-discuss] problem in Installation !

Surendran P mprsuren at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:09:17 UTC 2011

Hi All,
   Im new to openvswitch and facing problem in setting up the Openvswitch.
I have a virtual machine which is working as a normal switch. Now, I want
to make it to work as Open Flow enabled switch. so, i tried to install
openvswitch. I was following INSTALL.Linux documentation. I did not follow
the kernel module.
so, Im unable to proceeds the steps in the 'Startup' in the docemenation

http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.Linux;hb=HEAD

Actually, i'm getting the command not known error when i run following,

ovsdb-server --remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock \
                     --remote=db:Open_vSwitch,manager_options \
                     --private-key=db:SSL,private_key \
                     --certificate=db:SSL,certificate \
                     --bootstrap-ca-cert=db:SSL,ca_cert \
                     --pidfile --detach

I dont know where i made the mistake and what i missed in my
installation. Please guide me in this installation.

Thanks,
Surendran