[ovs-discuss] vlan_mode native-untagged

Michael A. Collins mike.a.collins at ark-net.org
Mon Dec 12 17:45:00 UTC 2011

I am trying to get this feature to work in my environment, but I can
not for the life of me figure it out.  I have two ovs' sitting on two
separate boxes connected through an external switch.  I have updated
each bridge port to be native-untagged and updated the tag with the vlan
as well.  I have updated the trunk port egressing out of each ovs to the
external switch.  I have configured the external switch to tag all vlans
except the vlan in question.  I can see the changes to the bridge ports
working as configured, when I tcpdump on the vm I see the packet
untagged, when I tcpdump on the bridges, both fake and real, I see the
packet untagged.  I can not tcpdump on the trunk port, but I can on the
individual ethx interfaces, that's where I see the packet tagged.  So
before it leaves my box it is tagged.  Is native-untagged supposed to
work with bonds?  Thanks,
Mike