[ovs-discuss] QoS questions...

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Dec 14 17:04:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 01:02:13AM +0000, Klaus Hochlehnert wrote:
> Now I had the idea to install a VoIP PBX as KVM guest connected to a OVS-bridge.
> The bridge has one physical interface and several tap devices for the guests.
> The guest operating system tags the packages with EF and CS3.
>
> So does OVS use this tags and prioritize EF?
>
> How can I set a minimum bandwidth for the tap device of my VoIP PBX guest?

OVS can match DSCP values in OpenFlow rules, which can assign the
traffic to particular queues.  You can separately configure queues to
achieve the prioritization that you want.

ovs-ofctl(8) has some information on OpenFlow matches and actions, and
ovs-vswitchd.conf.db(5) talks about how to configure queuing.