[ovs-discuss] kernel datapath discards LLDP packet

Liang Liang lyon.liang12 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 10:24:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

With nice help from Ben, I setup Open vSwitch with NOX successfully. But
one new problem :(
I started discovery component of NOX, which uses LLDP protocol to build up
network topology. NOX sends LLDP packet to vswitch and requests vswitch to
output the packet to specified port. Now the problem is vswitch discards
it.....
I turned on ovs-vswitchd log(netlink_socket and dpif) using ovs-appctl, the
log shows that it receives one error reply from kernel and error no. is
22(invalid arguments).

Using same NOX, user space datapath of vswitch could handle the LLDP packet
correctly. So i guess the packet sent from NOX is fine.

To dig the reason why kernel datapath sends error reply, could anyone give
me some clues? I am not familar with this part. Thank you.

Thanks,
Lyon