[ovs-discuss] OpenVswitch with Vlans.

Ramana Reddy gtvrreddy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:27:31 UTC 2011

One more observation from my side:
These are my actions:
ovs-ofctl add-flow in-port=3 dl_vlan=10 idle_timeout=0 "actions=
mod_vlan_vid:20, output:4"
ovs-ofctl add-flow in-port=4 dl_vlan=20 idle_timeout=0 "actions=
mod_vlan_vid:10, output:3"

These actions are not taken place in OVS as br0.10 and br0.20 stripping vlan
first,
or are executing on stripped packets so mismatch.

With this setup, VM1 and VM2 not pinging each other.

When I removed br0.10 and br0.20 from OVS, they are pinging.

Can we add vlan tag to this stripped packets and send to other port without
removing
br0.10 and br0.20 vlan interfaces. If not, can we give priority to these
actions
so that the strip_vlan never takes first as default action by br0.10 and
br0.20
respectively.

Thanks,

Ramana Reddy.