[ovs-discuss] get vlan id of a port

Xavier COUDIN xavier.coudin at ac-nantes.fr
Tue Feb 15 17:34:16 UTC 2011

hello,

When I read the documentation, I cannot find any issue to query OVS to
tell me then vlan id of a port.
So I need to write it (when I configure my v-switch) on a paper, and not
loose the paper ?

I was expecting 2 possibilities:
(1) when asking "ovs-vsctl --list-ports br0"  , it would be nice if the
command was answering...
tap0    vid=6
tap1    vid=10
etc...

instead of only...
tap0
tap1

(2)  a new command looking like
"ovs-vsctl  --ports-to-vlan br0"    that could answer  something like
tap0    vid=6
tap1    vid=10
eth0    trunk or 801.1Q
etc...

best regards,

--
Xavier COUDIN  -  coordinateur informatique
Lycée Pays-de-Retz, 44210 Pornic, tel 02 40 82 40 19  poste 167