[ovs-discuss] regarding VLOG

naga raju nagaraju1024 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 06:44:22 UTC 2011

Dear ben,

i downloaded the source code from
http://openvswitch.org/releases/openvswitch-1.1.0pre2.tar.gz .
and i manually changed the code in ovs-controller. can u please just explain
me what all the changes i need to do for adding VLOG for my own "c" file.

retval = unixctl_server_create(unixctl_path, &unixctl);
    if (retval) {
        exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
    }
*/* --- My code  */*
*    pthread_t ofsm_listen_thread;*
*    port_no = 7000; /* should be obtained from command line */*
*    if ( pthread_create( &ofsm_listen_thread, NULL, listen_server_socket,
(void *)port_no) ) {*
*        ovs_fatal(0, "Could not create listening thread for ofsm");*
*    }*
 while (n_switches > 0 || n_listeners > 0)

see the ovs-controller.c in utilities and check the code
retval = unixctl_server_create(unixctl_path, &unixctl);
    if (retval) {
        exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
    }

after this portion i added my thread.