[ovs-discuss] newbie discovering ovs

Xavier COUDIN xavier.coudin at ac-nantes.fr
Thu Jan 20 08:43:52 UTC 2011

Ben Pfaff a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 09:51:31AM +0100, Xavier COUDIN wrote:
>
>> I installed ovs from sources. Compilation was OK, initialization was OK.
>> I chose to compile-install it without kernel module, so that means
>> as userspace. Maybe in the future I will compile kernel modules, but
>> I prefered to test in userpsace for the moment.
>>

> We don't test the userspace version of OVS very much, so it could easily
> have bugs that the kernel version doesn't, even bugs that keep it from
> working at all.

Maybe, but I believe also that I have personnal difficulties to handle
it. Until now I was just using WmWare ESX and ESXi, wich is an
integrated solution (virtualization + virtualswitch). So of course in
that case, it is much easier to connect a vm to a vs.

Anyway thanks to all of you for your support.

> I hope that you read the instructions in INSTALL.userspace.

I hope so. I printed the sheet and tried to follow every step that was
written.

--
Xavier COUDIN - coordinateur informatique
LP Chassagne, 44680 Paimboeuf, tel. 02 40 27 51 72 poste 717