[ovs-discuss] How to prevent loop formation in openvswitches

sachin sharma sharon_sachin at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 27 12:20:18 UTC 2011

Dear All,

I am working with openvswitches. But the problem I am observing is the loop formation in my the routing AI, available in NOX. I found  that openflow switches has stp option to enable or disable spanning tree protocol. But the same option is not available with openvswitches. The part of code which is available with openflow for stp is removed from openvswitch.

Is there any similar option or way is available with openvswitch to prevent the loop formation.

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin Sharma