[ovs-discuss] question about "ovs-vsctl list-br" on XenServer 5.6FP1

Neil McKee neil.mckee at inmon.com
Fri Jul 1 21:32:01 UTC 2011

Hello,

What does it mean for a bridge to appear in "ovs-vsctl list-br" that does not then also appear in "ovs-vsctl list bridge"?

I ran into this problem on a XenServer 5.6FP1 system.  The bridge "xapi1" appeared in the first list ("list-br") but not in the second one ("list bridge").

I'm looking for a reliable and universal way to get the list of bridges that can be given an sFlow config.  Should I avoid "list-br" and just parse the more verbose "list bridge" output instead?

Regards,
Neil