[ovs-discuss] Dynamic GRE? Tunnel per VM

Holger Winkelmann [TP] hw at travelping.com
Thu Jul 7 07:38:25 UTC 2011

HI Justin,

Is this the right direction for the configuration Protocol:

http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/OpenFlow_1_2_proposal#Virtual_Port_Tunnel_configuration_protocol

Will this be based on the JSON-RPC Protocopl for ovs-db or a extension of the OF protocol. I currently
understand there are two different ways to configure the OVS behaviour:

- By JSON-RPC ovs-db protocol
- BY Openflow extensions

Is there any advise or plans how to approach the dynamic tunnel creation?

Many Thanks,

HOlger