[ovs-discuss] Question about setting Open vSwitch on top of CentOS with XEN support

Sébastien Riccio sr at swisscenter.com
Sat Jul 9 18:44:34 UTC 2011

Actually i'm interested to this question too. I'm trying to modify xen
network scripts in
order to have it bind the vif to the right bridge and with the right
vlan tag (if using a
bridge with trunk ports).

I found that slackware has some interesting scripts here:

http://palembang-slackers.org/linuxupdate/pub/slackware/addon/slackbuilds/13.1/network/openvswitch/xen/

but I dont really understand how they get it to work, especially for the
vlan part.

They have a $tag check in vif-openvswitch but the xen configuration
files don't allow the use of the tag attribute
for a vif:

example vif definition:
vif = [ 'ip=10.111.5.10, bridge=trunk0, tag=85, vifname=vm1.0' ]

myhost# xm create -c /cloud/data2/configs/vm1.cfg
Using config file "/cloud/data2/configs/vm1.cfg".
Error: Invalid vif option: tag

Althought I think that this topic is more xen oriented and maybe should
be addressed
the the xen mailing lists, I just wanted to share that info and know if
someone around
has ideas or experience with xen (not citrix's one) + openvswitch.

Sébastien