[ovs-discuss] Question about setting Open vSwitch on top of CentOS with XEN support

Sébastien Riccio sr at swisscenter.com
Sat Jul 9 18:57:35 UTC 2011

On 09.07.2011 20:51, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 08:44:34PM +0200, Sébastien Riccio wrote:
>> Actually i'm interested to this question too. I'm trying to modify
>> xen network scripts in
>> order to have it bind the vif to the right bridge and with the right
>> vlan tag (if using a
>> bridge with trunk ports).
> It's a question that comes up repeatedly, but we don't get a lot of
> answers.
>
> If you come up with good working scripts or instructions, we'd be happy
> to include them with OVS.

I'm not that far from the solution, but still working on it to build
scripts that work
out of the box and work for almost every situations, such as vifs bound
to "normal"
virtual switches and, vifs bound to trunk virtual switchs with the right
vlan tag,
internal networks between virtual machines, etc.

If I can get something that works well, I'll post it here with pleasure.