[ovs-discuss] Question about setting Open vSwitch on top of CentOS with XEN support

guessi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:28:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 04:45:23AM +0800, ??? wrote:
> > Is these commands right for Dom-0's configuration?
>
> Looks good.
>
> > If it were right for Dom-0, what will be my next step for Dom-U's network
> > configuration, any suggestion?
>
> Normally to configure a DomU you would add it to the bridge:
>
>        ovs-vsctl add-port vbr0 vif0.0
>
> and then do the remaining configuration (ifconfig or dhclient) inside
> the DomU.

I've tried all the steps again and agin today.

OVS with KVM, all the step are fine, works perfectly, both HOST and GUESTs.

with the commands, mentioned in INSTALL.bridge document, all networks looks
fine.

but when I try to fight with XEN, I got confused, I don't know which scripts
I should modified.

in the directory " /etc/xen/scripts/* " there are so many scripts may impact
the network startup,

my situation:
  with KVM, both HOST and GUESTs work fine.
  with XEN, HOST's configuration is okay, but GUESTs (aka Dom-U), can't
start as normal.

could anyone of you give me some examples, or just hint?

I would appreciate if you could give some hints, thanks for your help.

Thanks.