[ovs-discuss] Infiniband support?

Anton Ekermans antone at true.co.za
Sun Jul 17 22:32:36 UTC 2011

Hi, I'm new to this list.
Are there any plans to support Infiniband in OpenvSwitch?
As I understand IPoIB does not work (I've tried!) with any bridging or
VLANs to VMs. Hosts can use IB no problem, but not VMs.
The problem is apparently the hardware addresses that's much longer than
Ethernet MAC addresses and you need EoIB to achieve this. (I cannot add
an IB NIC to any bridge)
To get EoIB (Ethernet over infiniband) working, you need Mellanox
BridgeX hardware and software.

It would be great if OpenvSwitch could support bridging Infiniband with
Ethernet...

--
Anton Ekermans
True Technologies cc