[ovs-discuss] Fwd: nova/openvswitch

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Sun Jun 5 00:06:57 UTC 2011

[Let's keep this on the list.]

On Jun 4, 2011, at 4:31 PM, manel med wrote:

> I know that it's appear in "brctl show"and in "ovs-vsctl list bridge" and not in "ovs-vsctl list bridge" but i don't know why.
> i run
> insmod datapath/linux-2.6/openvswitch_mod.ko (how may time should i run it?)

You should run it only once.  My question was whether the bridge module was installed, too:

	lsmod | grep bridge

OVS will normally complain about this, but some later versions of the kernel allow both to run at the same time, and I'm not sure how OVS handles that situation.

> i use openvswitch-1.1.0.

I don't know that it will fix your particular problem, but 1.1.1 is out.  Please try that.

--Justin