[ovs-discuss] Fail Open not failing open?

Aaron Rosen arosen at clemson.edu
Mon Jun 6 20:02:16 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

Can ovs-vswitchd talk to a controller though (i'm not seeing how from the
--help)?

I believe that at one point ovs-openflowd was able to fail open when I was
using
openvswitch-1.1.0pre2 ?

Thanks,

Aaron

arosen at rackserver:~$ ovs-vswitchd --help
ovs-vswitchd: Open vSwitch daemon
usage: ovs-vswitchd [OPTIONS] DATABASE
where DATABASE is a socket on which ovsdb-server is listening.

Active DATABASE connection methods:
  tcp:IP:PORT             PORT at remote IP
  unix:FILE               Unix domain socket named FILE

Daemon options:
  --detach                run in background as daemon
  --no-chdir              do not chdir to '/'
  --pidfile[=FILE]        create pidfile (default:
/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.pid)
  --overwrite-pidfile     with --pidfile, start even if already running

Logging options:
  -v, --verbose=MODULE[:FACILITY[:LEVEL]]  set logging levels
  -v, --verbose           set maximum verbosity level
  --log-file[=FILE]       enable logging to specified FILE
                          (default:
/usr/local/var/log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log)

Other options:
  -h, --help              display this help message
  -V, --version           display version information
  --check-leaks=FILE      log malloc and free calls to FILE

--
Aaron O. Rosen
Masters Student - Network Communication