[ovs-discuss] About CPU usage and packet size

Victor Torres vitutc at poli.ufrj.br
Tue Jun 14 15:46:05 UTC 2011

Justin,

Thanks again for your reply.

But i have then one more question: Flows installed in the kernell
doesn't consume CPU? Or is it that at the rates i'm using (50Mb/s),
the number of packets (100 byte-datagrams) aren't enough to consume
noticeable CPU?

I've noticed in the "ovs-dpctl show" that it is indeed as you said,
now everything is being "hit". But the "no CPU" is still bugging me...

Victor T.