[ovs-discuss] OVS on opensource Xen

James Hongyi Zeng hyzeng at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 28 18:01:48 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

    Can you elaborate (or point me to) the "tailoring" to Xen is necessary?

    I am running into problems that I cannot start my VM even vif field in
the configuration file is left empty. (I think I should bind it to OVS
bridge later using ovs-vsctl, right?). I got the following error.

Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

    I have openvswitch_mod.ko loaded. OVS daemon can connect back to my
controller. I used ovs-vsctl to create a bridge and add an external
connection to it.

Thanks,
James