No subject

Thu Mar 31 19:29:27 UTC 2011

"natural HA, like spanning tree or something similar.
I've seen the rhel spec file. Thanks !  (for now I don't use this one).
When I talk of rhel "support" it's more about kernel/code
validation/compilation on the 2.6.32 modified by Redhat.

Sorry the C kernel code is out of my range ...

Impatient to test the new release to see perf improuvement :)

Thanks you !

Regards,

2011/4/1 Justin Pettit <jpettit at nicira.com>

> On Apr 1, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Benoit ML wrote:
>
> > Last but not least : Is there any roadmap ? Any plan to have a new stable
> release  (for rhel6) ?
>
> We don't have a roadmap, but there are a few things we'll be working on in
> the relatively near-term:
>
>        - Cleanups related to upstreaming the kernel module
>        - More flexible learning domains than just VLAN
>        - Performance improvements in kernel flow lookup
>        - Ability to "bond" tunnel virtual ports
>
> We're open to suggestions, as well.  Although, patches are even better.
>  :-)
>
> We're planning to do a new release in the next couple of weeks.  We have a
> target commit that we're letting bake a little while before releasing it.
>
> We don't have any immediate plans to support RHEL in the distribution, but
> Alexey Froloff has been kind enough to share the requisite files:
>
>        http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-March/004956.html
>
> The archive appears to have stripped the attachments, so let me know if you
> would like me to forward them to you.
>
> --Justin

--20cf3054a6711a455a04a0134de6

d.conf.db have been updated ;)<br><br>From my point of view the most needed=
 will be the ability to do some &quot;natural HA, like spanning tree or som=
ething similar.<br>
I&#39;ve seen the rhel spec file. Thanks !=A0 (for now I don&#39;t use this=
 one).<br>When I talk of rhel &quot;support&quot; it&#39;s more about kerne=
l/code validation/compilation on the 2.6.32 modified by Redhat.<br><br>Sorr=
y the C kernel code is out of my range ... <br>
ustin Pettit <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jpettit at nicira.com">jp=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"><div class=3D"im"=
>On Apr 1, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Benoit ML wrote:<br>
&gt; Last but not least : Is there any roadmap ? Any plan to have a new sta=
ble release =A0(for rhel6) ?<br>
working on in the relatively near-term:<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0- Cleanups related to upstreaming the kernel module<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0- More flexible learning domains than just VLAN<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0- Performance improvements in kernel flow lookup<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0- Ability to &quot;bond&quot; tunnel virtual ports<br>
We&#39;re open to suggestions, as well. =A0Although, patches are even bette=
r. =A0:-)<br>
We&#39;re planning to do a new release in the next couple of weeks. =A0We h=
ave a target commit that we&#39;re letting bake a little while before relea=
sing it.<br>
We don&#39;t have any immediate plans to support RHEL in the distribution, =
but Alexey Froloff has been kind enough to share the requisite files:<br>
 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<a href=3D"http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-Ma=
rch/004956.html" target=3D"_blank">http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss=
/2011-March/004956.html</a><br>
The archive appears to have stripped the attachments, so let me know if you=
 would like me to forward them to you.<br>
--Justin<br>

--20cf3054a6711a455a04a0134de6--